Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Whats the difference between unlocking and jail-breaking iphone 3g

Whats the difference between unlocking and jail-breaking iphone 3g?
I've an iPhone 3g. It's from Italy with TIM mobile contract. I can use apps , but it cannot find the coverage, cause I live in Russia. Can I say that my iphone is unlocked? It isn't jail-broken, is it? How can I make the phone work with local operators? Is it possible to do it via my laptop? <- main question
Cell Phones & Plans - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
You've to unlock that phone to work with any carrier. Unlocking : Unlocking is a mechanism (done by unlockin utility..) to replace the BootLoader in your iPhone OS to not verify your carrier so that you can use it with any operator / carrier in the world . Jailbreaking : Apple doesnt allow access to iPhone Filesystem fully, so you cant install third party applications / softwares which try to interact with iPhone flash memory (file system). To resolve this problem Jailbreaking is a mechanism (done by utility of course) to provide full read/write access to iPhone memory so that you can install and stuff !! Hope this clears



Read more discussions :